Sunday, October 5, 2008

Job Search

After completing my 4 years at Monmouth to get my degree, I want to go back to my previous employer. I used to work for Hollister Co. and after I graduate I want to become a manager there only for a few years because I would like to be placed on the rehab team. The rehab team is a group of people who work for the company in all of Abercrombie's brands and they get to travel around the country and recently to other countrys such as London and Tokyo and they help open new stores. I just want to have the experience of traveling around the globe and still building my resume as a manager. After working for the company for a few years I would like to move on to a more stable job that is more professional.

In my search for job in the business management field I have come across a few positions that require computer literacy. One of these jobs was a general manager position with BP. Under the skills & Experience category they require a "Basic computer/systems literacy (e.g., Back Office System, Word, e-mail)", and all of these topics we will be covering in IT so it looks like I would be prepared. Another job I found was as an assistant branch manager with Regions Financial. Though they do not provide specifics of what kind technology skills are needed, they do require you to have computer literacy. This basically means you should know your way around a word processor, spreadsheet, e-mail etc.

No comments: